Start to Finish: 30 minutes Hands-on time: 30 minutes Servings: 4
- 1/4 cup fish sauce
- 2 tablespoons plus 2 teaspoons sugar
- 3 tablespoons fresh lime juice
- 1 teaspoon very finely minced garlic
- 1 tablespoon cross-cut, finely sliced chile, with seeds, such as Serrano, Jalapeno, or Thai
- 2 tablespoons vegetable oil, preferably grape seed
- 3 cups thinly sliced Napa cabbage
- 1 1/2 cups shredded cooked chicken
- 1 1/2 cups blanched sugar snap peas, coarsely chopped (about 6 ounces)
- 1 cup halved lengthwise and very thinly sliced seedless cucumber
- 1 1/2 cups coarsely chopped fresh cilantro, basil, mint, or a mix
- 1/2 cup coarsely chopped toasted peanuts
1) Combine the fish sauce, sugar, lime juice, garlic, chile, and oil in a bowl with 1/4 cup water and whisk until the sugar is dissolved.
2) Combine the cabbage, chicken, peas, carrots, cucumber, herbs, and peanuts in a salad bown, add some of the dressing, toss well, and serve with the remaining dressing on the side.